Tips and Advice
Interesting Blog Entries:
- Why are math facts important to learn?
- What to do when a student becomes “stuck?”
- Special needs students and Rocket Math
- How do I set up the Rocket Math program?
- Why a test of writing speed?
- What about kids who write their numbers backwards?
Math Fact Fluency Grade Level Recommendations
Rocket Math recommends:
- 1st Grade: Addition facts (Start in Kindergarten only if they can “figure out” or compute addition facts already)
- 2nd Grade: Addition facts to mastery, then subtraction
- 3rd Grade: Addition facts to mastery, then subtraction, or multiplication
- 4th Grade: Multiplication facts to mastery, then division
- 5th Grade and up: Multiplication facts to mastery, then division, then addition, then subtraction.